Cold creamy pea soup with corn salad, chili, and cilantro
Ingredients for the soup (4-6 servings):
- 500 g frozen or fresh green peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 1.5 L water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 250 ml (1 cup) 5% soy cooking cream
For the salad:
- 2 fresh cobs of corn
- 1/4 spicy red chili pepper (or according to taste), finely chopped
- A handful of cilantro leaves, washed and separated from the stems
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds (unsalted, not roasted)
- Salt and pepper
- Add the peas, carrot, onion, water, and salt into a large pot.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the soy cream and cumin to the blender and adjust to taste.
- Allow cooling.
- While the soup is cooling make the small salad:
- Shave the corn off the cob using a knife and place it in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Fry for a few minutes until it softens. Remove from the heat.
- Mix the corn with the chili and cilantro.
- Season with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the soup into bowls and add 2-3 tablespoons of salad in the middle of the bowl.
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil around the salad, add some sunflower seeds and serve.